Custom Search

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Beginning.....

So. I guess this is my blog. I sometimes have important or relevant things to say so I started one.

Man, life is pretty good right now. I have a great God, great girl, great friends (new and old), great family, and so forth. Things are groovy (did I just say that?). So lately, Allie and I have been going to Buck Creek Baptist Church. Needless to say, we love it. It is sad when the church you are going to just isn't working anymore. But I guess it is true that when one door closes another opens. And the other door happened to come in the form of Buck Creek. The people there have been super welcoming. The entire church is on fire for God and the youth group/college group is off da hook my brother.

Unrelated to the previous paragraph, I have been watching Scrubs a ton lately and have learned many insightful things from the sitcom. The main idea that keeps getting hammered home is to just do what you like, no matter if other people like it. The doctors in the show are doctors despite the long hours and lack of credit for their good work. This is a great lesson in humility. I feel the egos in the United State are getting way out of line. In the age of me me me, I am striving to break the mold. Hopefully I am doing a good job.

Well its 11:30 and I have a long day tomorrow. It's Valentine's Day which is cool. It will be mine and Allie's 5th Valentine's Day together. She has been such a blessing in my life.

I'm gonna cut this one off here so I don't lose any of you on my first blog ever. Keep doing what you do and know that Jesus loves you no matter what. If you don't like it, get over it. There's nothing you can do about it. Until next time.....

1 comment: